Last summer GB sent me a letter with a recipe for clam spaghetti. He made it for dinner last week, and it was delicious- filling and not in the least bit fishy!
You will need:
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 dried red chili pepper, finely chopped (or use 1 tsp of flakes)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped, or 1 Tbsp dried
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 cans (4/12 oz) chopped clams, drained, with liquid reserved
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 box of spaghetti (we used angel hair, it was good)
- parmesan cheese
- Put the olive oil in a large skillet and heat slowly. Add the chili pepper, copped onion, and garlic. Cook slowly for 30 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add to pan the basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and liquid from the clams. Simmer until liquid is reduced.
- Cook spaghetti with 1 Tbsp oil, al dente
- As pasta is cooking add clams, parsley, and 3 Tbsp cheese to sauce and simmer at low heat, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, add to sauce. Enjoy!